The Driftless Folk School is a regional center for the preservation, promotion and training of traditional crafts, the art of homesteading, natural building, energy self-sufficiency, sustainable farming, animal husbandry, and wilderness skills.
The registrar role is the face of the Driftless Folk School. He/she is essential in crafting connections and creating community with students and teachers. The primary responsibilities of the registrar include processing class/event registrations and communicating with both students and instructors prior to and after classes. Other responsibilities include keeping records, following up on evaluations, and assisting with promotions. This position is part time: average of 15 hours a week and up to 25 hours during peak seasonal activity. Hours are flexible, but must attend to communications 4 days a week including some weekends. The majority of this position requires independent work with the exception of a monthly meeting with a board liaison and programming committee.
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone, and face to face interactions
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Exemplary planning and organization skills
- Eager to meet challenges and independently problem solve solutions
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud-based storage (Dropbox, Google Docs, FTP, etc.)
- Website management (WordPress, etc.)
Pay is based on experience $11 to $15 per hour
Tuition-free Driftless Folk School classes
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume to Heidi@driftlessfolkschool.org before Monday, May 22nd. Expected start-date is May 30th.